The Walden School of Liberal Arts is governed by a six-member Board of Trustees comprised of a Chief Administrative Officer, Trustees, and a Parent Advocate (selected annually by the Parent Council) A Teacher Advocate and the Upper School and Lower School Directors serve as non-voting members of the Board.
The Board has full authority for running the school with the following primary responsibilities:
- Evaluate the performance of the school.
- Evaluate the performance of administration.
- Promote the mission and vision of the school as outlined in the charter.
- Oversee and evaluate programs.
- Assure financial responsibility.
- Assure financial accountability by approving and overseeing the budget, contracting for and approving an independent audit, and controlling investments and capital funds.
The Board meets at least quarterly to:
- Fulfill its primary responsibilities.
- Consider and adopt policies.
- Discuss the school’s operations.
- Hear reports and updates from each board member.
- Consider requests and concerns from the director, parents, students, and teachers.
- Consider any other matter pertaining to the school.