All Walden teachers are skilled in their subject areas, and all have the proper Utah State clearance to teach. However, a few of our part time teachers do not meet Federal Highly Qualified standards because they do not have a Utah State teaching license. You have a right to know the qualifications of your child’s teachers, in accordance with 20 USC §6311(h)(6).
The following teachers are qualified to teach under Utah State authorization, but do not have Federal HQ status. All have university degrees and/or extensive professional experience and are invaluable to Walden.
- Joe Perry—Tai Chi, Irish Music
- Kathryn Webb—Theater, CCA
- Stewart Wheeler—Music
- Stephen Cope-Music
- Jason Hogge—Robotics, Computer Science
- Grace Wilson—Music
- Bryan Sours—P.E. (certified in secondary social studies & English)
- Gygi Koster—Yoga
- Kam Jones—Physics
- Alice Waldron—Graphic Arts